Voice Over Actor, Producer, Content Creator.
Barron B. Bass (BBass) is a graduate of Rutgers MGSA, Shakespeare's Globe, and The Flea (The Bats). Originally from Greenburgh, NY, he spent his childhood playing in band, singing in church (a LOT), performing in musicals, and having too much fun with science projects.
(No houses were burned down, but we came close - several times.)
As a life-long vocalist and fan of cartoons, the transition into voice over felt natural for Barron. About two weeks after graduating undergrad, B. voiced his first McDonald's commercial. Since then, he's gone on to have a greatly varied career, voicing commercials, documentaries, various characters in video games, and a few characters in animated series/podcasts. His most notable recent appearances are in Crayola's Scribble Scrubbies, Red Dead Redemption II, ABC's original Richard Pryor documentary, “Pryor Convictions”, and Pokémon Journeys, voicing Chairman Rose and few others.
BBass is also a regular contributor to The Skeleton Rep. Aside from sound designing past shows and assisting with tech, he can be seen in their three-part series, The Great Vanishing - filmed by 60 artists, all remotely.
When not working in voice over, on stage, or on camera, B. is probably working on creating content, from music (as BBass) to sketch comedy. Most recently, B. began building his production company, B3KET Legendary, with fellow artist/rapper Napoleon Da Legend. B3KET's mission is to do more with less, facilitate quality collaborations, and provide inspiration to all, with an emphasis on narrative and community.
Home Studio Specs & More
1. Microphones - Senheiser MKH416 (primary), Neumann TLM103, Rode NTG2+, also using Apogee One w/ breakout OR Apogee Mic Plus if mobile
2. Audio Interface/Equipment - Antelope Audio Discrete 4 Synergy Core w/ PC, Yamaha HS8 monitors, beyerdynamic dt770 Pro/Sony MD7506/Beats Solo HD/and more
3. Audio Software - Audacity (preferred), access to other DAWs if necessary
4. Booth/space treatment - Dedicated room/home studio, Floor rug with insulation, thick curtains (3 layers both windows), sound panels, moderate treatment - booth config (closet w treatment, perfect placement for booth, equipped with monitor, Audimute Vinyl Sheet, thick noise isolation panels, and regular foam sound dampening panels)
5. Remote connecting programs - Source Connect, Skype (w phone sub), Zoom (not preferred, but available) - FTP and Dropbox for file transfer
6. Camera equipment -
- Logitech c615 webcam (primary)
- Sony A7III
- Sony A6100 (both Alpha cameras have remote/streaming capability)
- 16-50mm (Power Zoom), 24mm, 50mm, 85mm lenses
- Sigma MC-11 adapter (to adapt Canon lenses to Sony E Mount)
- Various lights, including Apeture 120dII with light dome
- Ronin-S gimbal
- 34" motorized slider
- Various field audio recorders, including wireless solutions
- Moment lenses system (complete)
- Green screen